Position։Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Post Location (s)։ Vanadzor
Application deadline։ 15 March, 2021
Employment։3 years (3 months probation period)
Expected start date: 25 March, 2021
Description: Vanadzor Municipality, in cooperation with Gyumri Municipality, Pila Municipality, Poland, launches EU-funded Alliance for Better City Governance Project. (ABC.GoV). The Project started on 1 February, 2021.
Within the framework of the project, it is planned to recruit an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist who will be responsible for the strategic and day-to-day monitoring and evaluation of project activities during the implementation period.
- In coordination with the Project team discuss and finalize the key project indicators as well as monitor them throughout the duration of the projects
- Develop the project monitoring plan for three project cities in consultation with the project team
- Supervise regular data collection through the 3 project partners, field staff and perform site visits to ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- Analyze indicators and make recommendations and prepare reports
- Contribute to the design of the project baseline and follow-up surveys
- Conduct M&E training for the project staff involved in day-to-day monitoring of the project
- Assist the project program development/grants management team in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets for different project activities and grants;
- Implement the project progress evaluation
- Document the lessons learned and best practices, share learning from M&E process with the wider team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in social sciences or information management or in related fields
- University degree in social sciences or other related field
- At least 5 years of practical experience in project management and evaluation, particularly in international donor projects
- Experience in development of M&E plan and M&E tools
- Ability to provide training and build capacity of relevant staff
- Proficiency in English
Remuneration ․ According to the salary history, but not more than budget by the project.
About the Project
Overall objective: Contribute to the sustainable urban governance of the cities of Vanadzor and Gyumri, Armenia
- The municipalities of Vanadzor and Gyumri design and implement urban planning, waste recycling and transportation policies in line with national and European standards.
- Users of municipal transports and waste management services have access to safe, healthy, inclusive and green services.
- The residents of Vanadzor and Gyumri are more knowledgeable and aware of adverse effects of plastic waste and fuel transportation on human health and environment, change behaviour to contribute improvement of service delivery. Vanadzor, Gyumri, and Piła municipal employees are more knowledgeable and skilled in urban governance and service delivery.
How to apply? Interested candidates can submit their CV and Cover letter (within 1 page) to the following e-mail ․ [email protected] mentioning “ABC.GoV – Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 15 March , 2021. Overdue applications will not be accepted. Only the shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.