Position։Procurement Specialist (2 positions- Vanadzor, Gyumri)
Post Location (s)։Vanadzor and Gyumri communities
Application deadline։27 March 2021
Employment։2 years (3 months probation period)
Start of work:01 April 2021
Description: Vanadzor Municipality, in cooperation with Gyumri Municipality, Pila Municipality, Poland, launches EU-funded Alliance for Better City Governance Project. (ABC.GoV). The Project started on 1 February 2021.
Within the framework of the project, it is planned to hire an experienced Procurement Specialist to be responsible for arranging the procurement of goods, works and services as provided in the Procurement Plan, which is updated from time to time and agreed with the EUD in accordance with EU Procurement Procedures (PRAG).
- Develop a procurement plan (procurement method, types, quantities, values, supply requirements, sources, etc.) and monitor its implementation.
- Update the project needs-based procurement plan in close collaboration with the Project Team Leader and send to the European Union Delegation (EUD) for review և approval
- Prepare bidding documents in accordance with EU standards in coordination with the Project Team Leader and EUD. Provide bidding documents to potential bidders.
- Assist the members of the evaluation committee in the process of evaluating the technical and financial objectives in accordance with the requirements of the tender documents.
- Assist the evaluation committee in awarding the contract, in the process of preparing the evaluation reports and proposals.
- Prepare contracts and submit copies of contracts to the EUD and the Project Team Leader for a preliminary review of contracts.
- Report the status of the procurement process to the Project Team Leader.
- Ensure timely delivery and sufficient quality of the product.
- Negotiate the price, delivery method and delivery time details with the tenderers.
- Check the accuracy of invoices and give an agreement for payments.
- File and keep all documents and protocols for auditors and EUD review.
- Ensure the management of the contract, which includes the verification of the accuracy of the contract implementation and the verification of the expiration of the term defined by the contract.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher education in any of the following fields: economics, public administration or law or other relevant fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in the procurement provided for the state and/or EU and/or other international organizations.
- Profound experience in the field of procurement (local/international), which includes organizing a tender, awarding a contract, importing goods.
- Awareness of EUD procurement procedures will be seen as an advantage.
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, analyze, provide reports.
- Knowledge of English, especially excellent knowledge of English terminology in the field of procurement.
- Computer skills, in particular MS Word և Excel.
Remuneration․ According to the salary history, but not more than budget by the project.
About the Project
Overall objective: Contribute to the sustainable urban governance of the cities of Vanadzor and Gyumri, Armenia
- The municipalities of Vanadzor and Gyumri design and implement urban planning, waste recycling and transportation policies in line with national and European standards.
- Users of municipal transports and waste management services have access to safe, healthy, inclusive and green services.
- The residents of Vanadzor and Gyumri are more knowledgeable and aware of the adverse effects of plastic waste and fuel transportation on human health and the environment, change behavior to contribute improvement of service delivery. Vanadzor, Gyumri, and Piła municipal employees are more knowledgeable and skilled in urban governance and service delivery.
- How to apply: Interested candidates can submit their CV and Cover letter (within 1 page) in Armenian and in English to the following e-mail ․ [email protected] mentioning “ABC.GoV – Procurement Specialist- Vanadzor “, “ABC.GoV – Procurement Specialist- Gyumri “ in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 27 March 2021. Overdue applications will not be accepted. Only the shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.