Position։PR/Visibility Specialist (part time – involvement 65%)
Post Location (s)։Vanadzor
Application deadline։ 15 March, 2021
Employment։3 years (3 months probation period)
Expected start date:25 March, 2021
Description: Vanadzor Municipality, in cooperation with Gyumri Municipality, Pila Municipality, Poland, launches EU-funded Alliance for Better City Governance Project. (ABC.GoV). The Project started on 1 February, 2021.
Within the framework of the project, it is planned to recruit an experienced PR/Visibility Specialist who will be responsible for the project communication/visibility activities in compliance with the EU requirements during the project implementation period.
- In close cooperation with the Team Leader and project coordinators in 3 partner cities develop a plan for awareness and education campaign, including elaboration of key messages
- Organize the development of educational and awareness materials in print, video or electronic formats for the project
- Support in organizing events and outreach activities in three project cities
- Ensure producing regular TV programs, PSAs and Newsletters
- Manage the website/social media networks of the project, particularly ensure regular update on the Activity
- Ensure visibility and recognition of the Project through strategized public and media relations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in communications, social sciences, marketing , journalism or other related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in communications and/ public education/outreach
- Excellent knowledge of Armenia’s media landscape
- Excellent knowledge of social media instruments
- Excellent writing skills in Armenian and English
- Work experience in international organizations is an asset.
Remuneration ․ According to the salary history, but not more than budget by the project.
About the Project
Overall objective: Contribute to the sustainable urban governance of the cities of Vanadzor and Gyumri, Armenia
- The municipalities of Vanadzor and Gyumri design and implement urban planning, waste recycling and transportation policies in line with national and European standards.
- Users of municipal transports and waste management services have access to safe, healthy, inclusive and green services.
- The residents of Vanadzor and Gyumri are more knowledgeable and aware of adverse effects of plastic waste and fuel transportation on human health and environment, change behaviour to contribute improvement of service delivery. Vanadzor, Gyumri, and Piła municipal employees are more knowledgeable and skilled in urban governance and service delivery.
How to apply? Interested candidates can submit their CV and Cover letter (within 1 page) to the following e-mail ․ [email protected] mentioning “ABC.GoV – PR/Visibility Specialist“ in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 15 March, 2021. Overdue applications will not be accepted. Only the shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.